CCI is looking for talented interns with skills in digital marketing, design, events and space assistance, program development, policy analysis, and community development. All interns must love pizza! (we’re flexible on what kind).
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Designers & Creatives: People who are awesome at synthesizing data into beautiful, easy to digest visual representations, have an eye for physical design and experience in event planning.
- Strong Writers: People who love using their storytelling chops to create everything from blogs, to killer social media posts.
- Researchers: People with experience collecting and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data. Love for nerding out over government data is a major plus.
- Community Engagement/ Organizing Lovers: People who are excited to attend community meetings, take notes/recordings, digest & publish info after attending meetings.
TENTATIVE DEADLINE TO APPLY
FRIDAY • AUGUST 24 BY 1PM
HOW TO APPLY
This is a two-part application.
You MUST submit both parts to be considered.
PART I: APPLICATION FORM
Simply fill out the application form at the link below. Hit the Submit button when you are finished.
Note: This application does not allow you to save your progress, so we recommend composing your answers in advance. If you have any questions or technical issues, please let us know as soon as possible.
PART II: RESUME AND WRITING SAMPLE
Email your resume and writing sample along with a brief introduction email@example.com, Attention: 2018 Fall Internship. No a cover letter required.
Our work at CCI is multifaceted –– that means we can't predict what specific projects interns will work on this summer, but we will take your skills and interests into consideration. So, if you're into things like digital marketing, graphic design, event planning, or policy and research (to name a few), let us know!
Document format preferred: PDF.
Instructions for the writing sample:
Please send a writing sample that fits the internship that you are applying for. You do not need to produce new work. Here are some suggestions below, Good Luck!
- A blog post or two, a sample of Facebook/Twitter posts that you’ve done for another organization or that you would do for CCI.
- An example of professional writing, personal essay (scholarship essays are fine), or a recap of an event that you’ve organized.
- An excerpt from a policy paper, research summary, or other analysis paper. Bonus points for any data analysis included in the paper.
- One Op-ed, article, or blog post on a topic you care about or a recap of events that you’ve organized.