AVAILABLE POSITION @ CCI
PROGRAMS AND EVENT PLANNING INTERN
The Center for Civic Innovation is seeking an intern who wants to develop their skills in program planning and event management. We are seeking an intern who is invested in local issues and who gets excited about planning and hosting awesome community programming that makes people feel engaged and excited to get involved in making their city better.
Our Programs and Event Planning Intern will work closely with our Creative Director and Programs Director to ensure that every visitor to CCI has a great experience, whether they are here for a meeting, for coworking, or for an event.
- Creating a safe space for people to explore issues and topics they care about.
- Putting together events that help people move from learning to action: I care about this topic, now what can I do about it?
- Building new curriculum and planning activities to help people meet each other, connect, and grow.
- Assist with event planning, creating timelines, tracking progress, and securing needed supplies
- Provide tours of CCI's space and answering questions about event rentals and coworking
- Work directly with Creative Director to ensure all CCI visitors, coworkers, and event attendees have a great experience in our space
- Welcome new coworkers
- Assist with booking and planning for private event rentals
- Prep email correspondence and messaging to answer regular program questions and event rental inquiries
- Help with setup and breakdown for events
The ideal candidate is:
- Comfortable meeting new people and starting conversations with strangers about shared interests
- Passionate about social good movements and ready to explore them with others.
- Observant about other people's behavior and intuitive about how to set up an event so everyone is comfortable and has a good time
- Good with logistics and meticulous about details when planning parties and events
- An explorer who likes learning new things
- A proactive person.
- Excited by good design.
- Likes being part of a team and works flexibly
If you are the kind of person who looks around and asks, "how can I get involved and help?" CCI is the place for you.
- Class credit (pending approval from your institution)
- Reimbursement for internship-related expenses up to $500
- Work directly with experienced CCI leadership team
- Free entry to all CCI events and training programs for the duration of the internship
- Meet entrepreneurs and local leaders who are working to make Atlanta better
- Have a pulse on interesting events and professional development opportunities happening locally
- Work in a great space in a historic building, easily accessible via the Five Points MARTA station
- To be considered for an internship, applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships during the school year requires a minimum availability of 10 hours per week, with 15-20 preferred.
- All interns must be available to check in each Monday at 11:00am to start the week.
- CCI welcomes interns from all educational backgrounds, including those in their senior year of high school. You do not need to be enrolled in a college or university program in order to be considered.
- All interns must love pizza (we’re flexible on what kind)
About the Center for Civic Innovation:
The Center for Civic Innovation (CCI) serves as a community gathering place and research lab for the people and organizations working for a better Atlanta. CCI hosts monthly events, offering training, workshops, and opportunities for constructive dialogue at their historic South Downtown space. The Center’s core program, Civic Labs, facilitates funding in early-stage ideas and organizations, creating a safe space to test innovative solutions to longstanding civic challenges.