AVAILABLE POSITION @ CCI
DIGITAL MARKETING INTERN
The Center for Civic Innovation is looking for a great writer to be the voice for our work on social media, in our newsletters, and on our website. Our digital marketing intern will be responsible for helping to keep our website up to date, finding and writing about great content, writing recaps of our events, helping to promote upcoming programs, and communicating with the world through regular email newsletters.
If you love writing and are looking to transfer your skills to marketing and social media, this is the internship for you.
- Regularly updating CCI's website to keep content fresh and remove any out-of-date information.
- Engaging with our audience on Twitter and Facebook by sharing good reads, helpful resources, and relevant news
- Writing strong tweets and and Facebook posts that attract clicks, readers, and new followers/likes
- Livetweeting events when possible
- Finding great local and national reads on policy, urban planning, nonprofits, and social enterprise to share
- Planning and writing weekly newsletters for CCI's membership using Mailchimp
- Writing up fun and informative descriptions about CCI's upcoming events to increase event attendance and bring in new audiences
- Writing up blog recaps (2-4/month) of our events and promoting CCI's blog
- Setting up event descriptions and ticketing for CCI events
The ideal candidate is:
- A good writer with a strong sense of personal voice.
- Comfortable using Squarespace, Mailchimp, and Eventbrite
- Comfortable with multiple social media platforms, (definitely not a requirement as long as you are willing to learn).
- An explorer who likes learning new things
- A quick learner when it comes to new apps and tech in general
- A proactive person.
- Likes being part of a team and works flexibly
If you are the kind of person who looks around and asks, "how can I get involved and help?" CCI is the place for you.
- Class credit (pending approval from your institution)
- Reimbursement for internship-related expenses up to $500
- Work directly with experienced CCI leadership team
- Free entry to all CCI events and training programs for the duration of the internship
- Meet entrepreneurs and local leaders who are working to make Atlanta better
- Have a pulse on interesting events and professional development opportunities happening locally
- Work in a great space in a historic building, easily accessible via the Five Points MARTA station
- To be considered for an internship, applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships during the school year requires a minimum availability of 10 hours per week, with 15-20 preferred.
- All interns must be available to check in each Monday at 11:00am to start the week.
- CCI welcomes interns from all educational backgrounds, including those in their senior year of high school. You do not need to be enrolled in a college or university program in order to be considered.
- All interns must love pizza (we’re flexible on what kind)
About the Center for Civic Innovation:
The Center for Civic Innovation (CCI) serves as a community gathering place and research lab for the people and organizations working for a better Atlanta. CCI hosts monthly events, offering training, workshops, and opportunities for constructive dialogue at their historic South Downtown space. The Center’s core program, Civic Labs, facilitates funding in early-stage ideas and organizations, creating a safe space to test innovative solutions to longstanding civic challenges.