AVAILABLE POSITION @ CCI
COMPETITION AND PARTNER INITIATIVES INTERNSHIP
The Center for Civic Innovation is seeking an intern to help us with partner initiatives and competitions. CCI is fortunate to work with a number of great partners, from Food Well Alliance and the United Way to A3C Festival and Conference. Our Competition and Partner Initiative Intern will work closely with our leadership team to manage application processes and work on partner projects.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to get more advanced experience in project management and get to know some of the great organizations in our city.
- Setting up and managing application processes for a variety of competitions, which could include: United Way's Spark Prize and A3C Action 2016
- Working with our Membership and Community Coordinator to prepare for A3C Action 2016
- Serving as the point person for questions related to applications and competitions
- Tracking progress on a number of different partner projects, ensuring goals are met and deliverables are completed
- Managing back-end systems to ensure that any incoming application data is clean and organized.
- Joining CCI team members for partner meetings to take notes and track to-dos
- Tracking and reporting out on progress for application processes
- Making website updates for partner-related projects and competitions
- Ensuring all partner and sponsor obligations are met when it comes to branding and marketing
The ideal candidate is:
- Extremely professional in all in-person and online communication
- Organized and detail-oriented when it comes to handling large amounts of data
- Good at quickly assessing needs of projects and partners
- Experienced with project management: creating timelines, tracking progress, and making deadlines
- An explorer who likes learning new things
- A quick learner when it comes to new apps and tech in general
- A proactive person.
- Likes being part of a team and works flexibly
If you are the kind of person who looks around and asks, "how can I get involved and help?" CCI is the place for you.
- Class credit (pending approval from your institution)
- Reimbursement for internship-related expenses up to $500
- Work directly with experienced CCI leadership team
- Free entry to all CCI events and training programs for the duration of the internship
- Meet entrepreneurs and local leaders who are working to make Atlanta better
- Have a pulse on interesting events and professional development opportunities happening locally
- Work in a great space in a historic building, easily accessible via the Five Points MARTA station
- To be considered for an internship, applicants must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships during the school year requires a minimum availability of 10 hours per week, with 15-20 preferred.
- All interns must be available to check in each Monday at 11:00am to start the week.
- CCI welcomes interns from all educational backgrounds, including those in their senior year of high school. You do not need to be enrolled in a college or university program in order to be considered.
- All interns must love pizza (we’re flexible on what kind)
About the Center for Civic Innovation:
The Center for Civic Innovation (CCI) serves as a community gathering place and research lab for the people and organizations working for a better Atlanta. CCI hosts monthly events, offering training, workshops, and opportunities for constructive dialogue at their historic South Downtown space. The Center’s core program, Civic Labs, facilitates funding in early-stage ideas and organizations, creating a safe space to test innovative solutions to longstanding civic challenges.