ANNOUNCEMENT: DEADLINE EXTENDED TO SEPTEMBER 9 AT 12:00PM EASTERN! SEE BELOW FOR MORE DETAILS:
A3C ACTION REQUEST FOR PROPOSALS:
SEEKING PROJECTS USING ART, MUSIC AND HIP-HOP CULTURE TO INCREASE SOCIAL JUSTICE AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT IN UNDERSERVED COMMUNITIES.
A3C Hip Hop Conference & Festival, in partnership with the Center for Civic Innovation, has launched an initiative to invest in ideas that use hip-hop and its culture as a vehicle for social justice. Since its inception, A3C has grown into an internationally recognized institution in the music community, bringing over 50,000 hip-hop enthusiasts, music industry professionals and artists to Atlanta each year. The event includes both musical performances and educational panels. The A3C team seeks to leverage their diverse and enthusiastic community and the talent of artists and social change-makers to move the needle on social justice and civic engagement in underserved communities across the US.
A3C Action is seeking new and unique ideas that can answer the following prompt: How can we use art, music and hip-hop culture to increase social justice and civic engagement in underserved communities?
- Proposed project must have: one team member who is a US citizen, 18 and older.
- Proposed projects DO NOT have to be associated with a 501c3 nonprofit or other entity.
- Proposed project must take place between Fall 2015 and Spring 2016.
- Proposed projects cannot require religious participation from beneficiaries.
- To qualify, application must be completed in full. Follow-up information may be requested as needed.
- Estimated funding available: $10,000
- Project finalists must be able to travel to Atlanta, Georgia from Wednesday, October 7th-Sunday, October 11th to present idea at the A3C Festival & Conference. Travel stipend and hotel provided by A3C Action.
- Up to 5 projects may be selected as finalists.
- Projects selected as finalists will be provided with a travel stipend of $250 (if traveling from out of state) and hotel accommodations in Atlanta.
- Final funding available is TBD but will be announced by October 1st, 2015. Amount is expected to be $10,000 and above.
- Winning projects will receive guidance, support and other opportunities between October 11th 2015 and Spring 2016 when the project funding period ends.
All projects must include use of art, music, and/or hip-hop culture as a driver. A3C Action aims to increase new, diverse audiences of creatives and artists at the problem solving table.
Applications are due Wednesday, September 9 at 12:00pm. Apply online at: a3caction.org
For more information contact: Bem Joiner, Membership and Community Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org